PDI encourages its employees to participate in professional and community organizations.
Through this kind of involvement, PDI professionals stay connected, experience personal and professional growth, and provide leadership and contributions to their communities and their professions.
Community and professional organizations that PDI is involved in include:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- BOCA (Building Officials and Code Administrators International, Inc.
(Now known as the International Code Council)
- City of San Antonio Board of Adjustment
- Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Professional Engineers in Private Practice
- Real Estate Council of San Antonio (RECSA)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE)